View Full Version : Latest Suggestions For Synching With Vista?

Brad Adrian
02-18-2009, 11:06 PM
I've only recently started to use a PC with Vista, trying to synch my AT&T Tilt with it. I know people have had tons of problems with Vista and Windows Mobile Device Center, but has anybody found any tried and true ways to get the synching to work?

It worked once, when I initially set up the PC, but suddently it's stopped (I assume due to a Windows update). I've tried to uninstall WMDC and reinstall it, but it didn't help.

Thanks!

** UPDATE **

Now I'm REALLY confused!?!?!!?

I hadn't been able to make ANY progress with getting the sync to work, even after checking every blog and community I could find. THEN...

I established a new Bluetooth connection between my device and my Vista PC. Surprisingly, I was able to browse my PPC files via my PC, so it clearly established SOME kind of connection. So, I took a chance and tried to re-install the WMDC software while the BT connection was active.

IT WORKED!!!

Syncing worked fine via BT (even though it's not supposed to if you don't have USB syncing already working). It works just fine, although I don't like to initiate it manually each time.

THEN, thinking that the connectivity issue must have been resolved, I tried to sync via USB cable... And it failed!

Bottom Line: I can still sync via Bluetooth, but NOT via USB cable. It's better than nothing, but still confusing as heck. What this tells me is that, even though I've uninstalled WMDC, there are still vestiges of configuration files left SOMEWHERE.

What a mess!

Sven Johannsen
02-19-2009, 11:27 PM
Have you found and unchecked the advanced network function? It's in one of the connections apps on the connections tab in settings somewhere. It's a page with a single check box electing advanced network features and is checked by default.

Brad Adrian
02-20-2009, 03:01 AM
Yep, I've tried every suggestionI found in the Microsoft newsgroups. Even grabbed the 6.0 version of WMDC. I just can't find any suggestions that seem to work consistently.