View Full Version : Getting a G1 tomorrow

Kacey Green
02-11-2009, 05:47 AM
I spent three hours this evening in a T-Mobile store w/ tech support and store staff trying to get my Wing to stop roaming when on the home network. We were unsuccessful, the only to viable options that we could come up with were: change my phone number (unacceptable) and get a new phone (I refuse to use another Wing).

This will be the first time I haven't carried a Windows portable device with me as a primary PDA in over 10 years, what do I need to know about the G1? I currently use PI 8, three different browsers, and Google maps, on the regular. GMail has been my primary email for at least a year now, an my contacts and calendar have been synced for at least 4 months. This afternoon I set Gmail up as my exchange server for the Wing.

I will be back to Windows as soon as there is a touch screen Windows phone with UMA and a full keyboard (none of this half a keyboard garbage like on the shadow [no offense intended but I'm used to having all my letters on their own key]) on the Tmobile network with 3G and GPS.

If this G1 really doesn't work out I'll be back on the Wing "roaming" in short order.

David Tucker
02-11-2009, 03:50 PM
I made the same switch a few months ago and I haven't regretted it. I think you'll enjoy it more since you already have been a user of Google's mail & PIM. Its a very solid platform and while I've told myself that I'll be back to WinMo one day...I'm not so sure.