View Full Version : having problem getting zune to TURN ON!!!

mikebarrows
01-19-2009, 11:26 PM
I bought a zune 4gb music player last year, worked great for awhile, lots of music stored, left it unplugged for too long i guess because it never turned back on, ive tried to reload the software onto my computer but my computer wont recognize the zune product through usb port, its been in the box since then. what should I do????? 12 months have passed so i dont think the warranty is good anymore.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

David Tucker
01-19-2009, 11:54 PM
Mike, I think we need a bit more info. For starters, does your computer even recognize a USB device has been plugged in when you plug in the Zune?

mikebarrows
01-20-2009, 06:03 AM
Mike, I think we need a bit more info. For starters, does your computer even recognize a USB device has been plugged in when you plug in the Zune?

my computer did recognize the zune player when it worked, but now i try to plug the unit into the computer and nothing!!!

Sven Johannsen
01-20-2009, 10:37 PM
How long have you tried letting it charge?

David Tucker
01-20-2009, 10:51 PM
When I ask if it recognizes the Zune, I mean does it even sound like a USB device has been plugged in or does it not do anything. If the Zune is entirely drained of power it doesn't turn on immediately either when you begin to charge.