View Full Version : Pre-Loaded Content: What's Coming?

Darius Wey
09-28-2006, 05:14 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2006/sep06/09-28ZunePricingAvailabilityPR.mspx' target='_blank'>http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2006/sep06/09-28ZunePricingAvailabilityPR.mspx</a><br /><br /></div>Included in <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2006/sep06/09-28ZunePricingAvailabilityPR.mspx" target="_blank">today's press release</a> are details on the Zune's swag of pre-loaded content. We have nine audio tracks, twelve music videos, three short films, and a variety of images. Obviously, tastes differ among us, but what do you think of the collection? Also, do you think its inclusion will help drive Zune sales?<br /><br /><span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;">Audio Tracks</span><br style="font-style: italic;" /><span style="font-style: italic;">&bull; Band of Horses, &ldquo;Wicked Gil&rdquo; (Sub Pop Records)</span><br style="font-style: italic;" /><span style="font-style: italic;">&bull; Bitter:Sweet, &ldquo;The Mating Game&rdquo; (Quango Music Group)</span><br style="font-style: italic;" /><span style="font-style: italic;">&bull; CSS, &ldquo;Alala (Microsoft edit)&rdquo; (Sub Pop Records)</span><br style="font-style: italic;" /><span style="font-style: italic;">&bull; Darkel, &ldquo;At The End of The Sky (edit)&rdquo; (Astralwerks)</span><br style="font-style: italic;" /><span style="font-style: italic;">&bull; Every Move a Picture, &ldquo;Signs of Life&rdquo; (V2)</span><br style="font-style: italic;" /><span style="font-style: italic;">&bull; Small Sins, &ldquo;Stay&rdquo; (Astralwerks)</span><br style="font-style: italic;" /><span style="font-style: italic;">&bull; The Adored, &ldquo;Tell Me Tell Me&rdquo; (V2)</span><br style="font-style: italic;" /><span style="font-style: italic;">&bull; The Rakes, &ldquo;Open Book&rdquo; (V2)</span><br style="font-style: italic;" /><span style="font-style: italic;">&bull; The Thermals, &ldquo;A Pillar of Salt&rdquo; (Sub Pop Records)</span><br style="font-style: italic;" /><br style="font-style: italic;" /><span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;">Music Video</span><br style="font-style: italic;" /><span style="font-style: italic;">&bull; 30 Seconds to Mars, &ldquo;The Kill&rdquo; (Virgin Records)</span><br style="font-style: italic;" /><span style="font-style: italic;">&bull; BT, &ldquo;1.618&rdquo; (DTS Entertainment)</span><br style="font-style: italic;" /><span style="font-style: italic;">&bull; Chad VanGaalen, &ldquo;Red Hot Drops&rdquo; (Sub Pop Records)</span><br style="font-style: italic;" /><span style="font-style: italic;">&bull; Coldcut featuring Roots Manuva, &ldquo;True Skool&rdquo; (Ninja Tune)</span><br style="font-style: italic;" /><span style="font-style: italic;">&bull; CSS, &ldquo;Let&rsquo;s Make Love and Listen to Death From Above&rdquo; (Sub Pop Records)</span><br style="font-style: italic;" /><span style="font-style: italic;">&bull; Fruit Bats, &ldquo;Live: The Wind That Blew My Heart Away&rdquo; (Sub Pop Records)</span><br style="font-style: italic;" /><span style="font-style: italic;">&bull; Grandaddy, &ldquo;Elevate Myself&rdquo; (V2)</span><br style="font-style: italic;" /><span style="font-style: italic;">&bull; Hot Chip, &ldquo;Over and Over&rdquo; (Astralwerks Records)</span><br style="font-style: italic;" /><span style="font-style: italic;">&bull; Kraak &amp; Smaak featuring Dez., &ldquo;Keep Me Home&rdquo; (Quango Music Group)</span><br style="font-style: italic;" /><span style="font-style: italic;">&bull; Kinski, &ldquo;Live: The Snowy Parts of Scandinavia&rdquo; (Sub Pop Records)</span><br style="font-style: italic;" /><span style="font-style: italic;">&bull; Paul Oakenfold, &ldquo;Faster Kill Pussycat (Featuring Brittany Murphy)&rdquo; (Maverick Records)</span><br style="font-style: italic;" /><span style="font-style: italic;">&bull; Serena-Maneesh, &ldquo;Drain Cosmetics&rdquo; (Playlouderecordings)</span><br style="font-style: italic;" /><br style="font-style: italic;" /><span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;">Film Shorts</span><br style="font-style: italic;" /><span style="font-style: italic;">&bull; 5 Boro: &ldquo;A New York Skateboarding Minute&rdquo; (Skateboarding)</span><br style="font-style: italic;" /><span style="font-style: italic;">&bull; Radical Films: &ldquo;Kranked &mdash; Progression&rdquo; (Mountain Biking)</span><br style="font-style: italic;" /><span style="font-style: italic;">&bull; TGRTV The North Face (Skiing/Snowboarding)</span><br style="font-style: italic;" /><br style="font-style: italic;" /><span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;">Images</span><br style="font-style: italic;" /><span style="font-style: italic;">&bull; A variety of images to personalize a Zune device, including 12 classic rock posters from &ldquo;Art of Modern Rock&rdquo;</span>

David Tucker
09-28-2006, 08:34 PM
Couldn't care less...I'll be a subscription user so the free content isn't very valuable to me.

ucfgrad93
09-29-2006, 01:06 AM
Never even heard of most of the artists. They would be very short lived on my Zune.

Darius Wey
09-29-2006, 07:15 AM
Never even heard of most of the artists. They would be very short lived on my Zune.

A lot of it is about new artist discovery, if you're into that sort of thing. I am, so I'm looking forward to hearing some of the pre-loaded tunes.

Having said that, a couple of the artists (e.g., BT and Paul Oakenfold) are quite well-known already, so it's interesting seeing their work bundled with the Zune.

Phillip Dyson
09-29-2006, 11:54 AM

Unless of course you like them. ;)

I havent heard of any of these guys so I assumed they're indie artists. I like that. I'm always looking for something new.

akapur92
11-24-2006, 08:18 AM
Unless of course you like them. ;)

I havent heard of any of these guys so I assumed they're indie artists. I like that. I'm always looking for something new.

Does anyone know the name of the song in the video "TGRTV The North Face (Skiing/Snowboarding)" ?

grommet
12-06-2006, 11:08 AM
Uh, the musical group is credited at, well, the end credits. :o