View Full Version : Rant Coming

ntractv
01-06-2009, 12:52 AM
Okay, I will admit that about two years ago I bought into the iPod hype a purchased one and life was lovely. Everything was going fine and then I started to pay attention to all of the posts from the Zune enthusiasts across the boards so one day about six months ago while in my local Best Buy I decided to plunk down the money on a 80G model. After the first week I was looking at my iPod and found myself asking what the hell did I buy this for (answer being Apple's beter marketing). The Zune blows the iPod out of the water in every single aspect that you can think of so much so that I showed a co-worker a side by side comparison of the two and she decided that the Zune was the better item. Now, when I go to any electronic store to find accesories they are very limited or no longer carried (thank goodness for the Zune Store now available). IMO, this is MS not conducting marketing to go head-to-head against the iPod. C'Mon MS, you have to know you have a better player. I tried to give my old iPod to my daughter, but after she saw my Zune and the 30G Zune I gave her mother for her birthday she wanted nothing to do with it. Is this the fate of the Zune or does MS have something up their sleevs?

David Tucker
01-06-2009, 06:21 AM
Welcome to the social? ;)

tbird
01-08-2009, 09:49 AM
Okay, I will admit that about two years ago I bought into the iPod hype a purchased one and life was lovely. Everything was going fine and then I started to pay attention to all of the posts from the Zune enthusiasts across the boards so one day about six months ago while in my local Best Buy I decided to plunk down the money on a 80G model. After the first week I was looking at my iPod and found myself asking what the hell did I buy this for (answer being Apple's beter marketing). The Zune blows the iPod out of the water in every single aspect that you can think of so much so that I showed a co-worker a side by side comparison of the two and she decided that the Zune was the better item. Now, when I go to any electronic store to find accesories they are very limited or no longer carried (thank goodness for the Zune Store now available). IMO, this is MS not conducting marketing to go head-to-head against the iPod. C'Mon MS, you have to know you have a better player. I tried to give my old iPod to my daughter, but after she saw my Zune and the 30G Zune I gave her mother for her birthday she wanted nothing to do with it. Is this the fate of the Zune or does MS have something up their sleevs?
I have been thinking the same thoughts for nearly two years now! It is a better player and the software is much easier to use and the Zune Pass is so addictive...My kids (5) have all switched over to the Zune.
I agree I don't get it...The Zune is like the best kept secret ever!