View Full Version : Mobile Gmail will not remember accounts!

me
12-30-2008, 04:25 AM
Using T-Mobile (USA) MDA (HTC Wizard), Windows Mobile 5, and the Esmertec JBED Cloudyfa JVM.

I downloaded and installed the newest version of the mobile Gmail app last week. It looked like it has some nice enhancements, including multiple accounts.

When I opened it, I set up three different g-mail accounts on it. I assumed they all would remain in the configuration.

Yet, after exiting, and later re-starting mobile gmail, not one of the accounts was still configured, and I had to enter my logon info again, just to get e-mail from my main account.

Why is gmail mobile not remembering the account info? Where does it store that info? How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

(By the way, I asked on a couple gmail help forums, and have not received any responses at all! I hope someone here can help. Menneisys?

me
01-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Could someone please help wiht this problem?

TopDog
01-04-2009, 06:01 PM
Gmail has an excellent IMAP implementation... so why not just use the built-in mail client on Windows Mobile and set up all your accounts there?

me
01-05-2009, 12:16 AM
Gmail has an excellent IMAP implementation... so why not just use the built-in mail client on Windows Mobile and set up all your accounts there?

Actually, I have that set up as well. It is pretty good, but doesn't always work. In any case, the Gmail Windows Mobile app is pretty cool. Have you tried it? But it is a major problem for me if I have to re-enter the account info each time. If that continues to happen, then I will only use the Imap, and the WM built-in mail client.