View Full Version : Zune Sharing Question

Rocco Augusto
05-17-2007, 12:29 AM
You know, I can't seem to find a straight answer on this anywhere. I rip a majority of my own music and I live in Portland with a huge indy music scene so a lot of independent artists music comes my way.

If I wanted to share a track with someone that wasn't DRM'd, one that I ripped myself to MP3 format, would that track still vanish after the whole 3day/3play rule?

tonster91
07-26-2007, 08:01 PM
try it out... give it a shot, keep a copy of the file somewhere in case it gets removed from your PC.... or else you can rip the CD again... I'd also like to know

Adam Krebs
08-25-2007, 08:48 PM
I know this is a dead thread, but I can say with 100% certainty that it does. All music--drm'd or not--is subject to the 3x3 rule. Currently, the only way to get around it is to use a program like ICHWM to package songs you think you might want to send. When the person gets home, they can sync pictures (which aren't subject to the 3x3 rule--go figure) to their computer, and unpack.

That's the best solution I've heard so far, until MS pulls its head out of its *** and does something about it (that surprisingly the other wifi players have been able to do since launch).