View Full Version : Apple Updates Raw Compatibility and Trackpads for Windows

Vincent Ferrari
12-19-2008, 08:00 PM
<p><strong>About the Multi-Touch Trackpad Update for Windows XP and Vista 1.0</strong></p><p><em>"This update improves Multi-Touch trackpad responsiveness and performance when running Windows XP and Vista using Boot Camp on MacBook Air (Late 2008), MacBook (13-inch, Aluminum, Late 2008), and MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2008) computers."</em></p><p><a href="http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3336" target="_blank">More information</a></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p><strong>About Digital Camera Raw Compatibility Update 2.4</strong></p><p><em>"This update extends RAW file compatibility for Aperture 2 and iPhoto 08 for the following cameras:</em></p><ul><li><em>Canon EOS 5D Mark II</em></li><li><em>Canon PowerShot G10</em></li><li><em>Pentax K2000/K-m</em></li><li><em>Leaf AFi-II 6</em></li><li><em>Leaf AFi-II 7</em></li><li><em>Leaf Aptus-II 6</em></li><li><em>Leaf Aptus-II 7</em></li><li><em>Leica M8.2</em></li></ul><p><em>It also addresses issues related to specific cameras and overall stability."</em></p><p>Available via Software Update</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p>

Macguy59
12-19-2008, 11:18 PM
The trackpad is still a little flaky but does respond better now under Vista. 2 finger scroll works (though too fast). 2 finger tap for right click is working as is single tap now. Expand/contract gestures in Windows Photo gallery is working but no rotation yet. Holding down the trackpad and dragging one finger to highlight a word stays engaged now allowing for 2 finger click on the highlighted object. I will add more as time and experimentation allows.

Vincent Ferrari
12-20-2008, 01:13 AM
The trackpad is still a little flaky but does respond better now under Vista. 2 finger scroll works (though too fast). 2 finger tap for right click is working as is single tap now. Expand/contract gestures in Windows Photo gallery is working but no rotation yet. Holding down the trackpad and dragging one finger to highlight a word stays engaged now allowing for 2 finger click on the highlighted object. I will add more as time and experimentation allows.

I have to install XP this weekend and I'm trying to decide between parallels and boot camp... Not sure which I'm doing yet, but if the TP doesn't work so great in XP, my decision is kinda made for me.

Macguy59
12-20-2008, 01:23 AM
I'm running Vista Home Premium via Bootcamp on the Unibody MacBook

crimsonsky
12-20-2008, 01:26 AM
Too bad they didn't offer an update for older White/Blackbooks. I dual boot Vista on both my Mini and my Whitebook and the trackpad tends to be way oversensitive on my Macbook. Two finger scrolling tends to be a bit too fast, but two-finger right-clicking in Explorer can be, say we say, an adventure.

I just use my mouse in Vista.