View Full Version : my IPAQ resets

Totores
12-15-2008, 11:21 AM
I posted a similar message before with this problem without much joy but now the problem has returned.
I have an older HP ipaq h1910, has been working great, suddenly, recently, again, has started to reset, all the data gets wiped and resets to the out of the box new status, I even need to re-centre the screen and enter the personl information.
Is the unit starting to fail? is there something I may be able to do? any help and/or suggestions would be greatelly appreciated.

Thanks
I really like my ipaq.

Pony99CA
12-16-2008, 02:22 AM
First, how often does the unit hard reset itself? Is it possible the battery is failing and simply not holding a charge, which would make the unit hard reset?

If you're sure it's not the battery, you could try sending the unit to Pocket PC Techs (http://www.ppctechs.com/).

Steve

Totores
12-16-2008, 07:46 AM
well it happened about a year ago, it then came good then suddenly the other day did it again, now has been 3 days and there has been no problem but i'm not 100% confident

Totores

Pony99CA
12-17-2008, 02:10 AM
well it happened about a year ago, it then came good then suddenly the other day did it again, now has been 3 days and there has been no problem but i'm not 100% confident
In either time, did it do it just once, or was it a recurring problem? If it only happened once last year and once this year, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Windows Mobile devices are known to occasionally hard reset (which is why having a backup is a good idea, even with flash memory).

If it keeps happening, that's when I'd worry. Also, if you installed any new software recently, that could cause problems. There's a school of thought that believes that Windows Mobile is very stable unless you install programs with conflicts. (As installing programs is one of the benefits of smart devices, I'm not sure I agree with that school. :))

Steve