View Full Version : Different incoming/outgoing .com email settings

q-live
12-08-2008, 08:46 PM
i just joined up with this domain register that i thought had free POP3 EMAIL where can get mail on my xv6700. Well they have it set up where you can receive email on there but they want you to use the outbound mail server of your isp. The thing is how so i set this up cause when i try using verzion or comcast it wont send any email out. GOD I CANT BELIEVE THIS CRAPPY COMPANY!!!!

Pony99CA
12-09-2008, 03:23 AM
i just joined up with this domain register that i thought had free POP3 EMAIL where can get mail on my xv6700. Well they have it set up where you can receive email on there but they want you to use the outbound mail server of your isp. The thing is how so i set this up cause when i try using verzion or comcast it wont send any email out.
To avoid relaying spam, I think a lot of ISPs require your IP address to be part of their network to send outbound E-mail.

Try using your cellular phone company's outbound E-mail server if you know it.

Steve

buckyg
12-09-2008, 04:49 AM
Steve,
Ah, that's why they do it... This was one of my biggest frustrations with moving to a PPC phone. Only after searching through various forums did I find out that to send email using my Road Runner email account via the phone's data connection, the outgoing email server had to be cwmx.com. That works for ATT, not sure about Verizon or other US carriers. (q-live, you might try it)

Ok, I understand "why" now, but that's a crucial bit of info that people would not know right off.
Thanks
buckyg