View Full Version : Turn my old PPC into a Chumby (fancy alarm clock) clone? Anyone done this?

Tye
12-03-2008, 01:19 AM
If you don't know what a Chumby is, check out: www.chumby.com . It's basically a glorified alarm clock.

So, I have my old HP hx4705 sitting around collecting dust. It's a great machine with long battery life, wifi, and a gorgeous 4" VGA screen.

I was thinking it would make a great alarm clock next to the bed. Most of the time it would just be a clock and alarm, but I could also use it to stream music and see the weather report when I wake up.
All of this software is available in pieces but not put together in one clean package so one doesn't have to mess with the PPC interface.

Any thoughts?

Farmer Ted
12-03-2008, 03:15 AM
If you don't know what a Chumby is, check out: www.chumby.com . It's basically a glorified alarm clock.

So, I have my old HP hx4705 sitting around collecting dust. It's a great machine with long battery life, wifi, and a gorgeous 4" VGA screen.

I was thinking it would make a great alarm clock next to the bed. Most of the time it would just be a clock and alarm, but I could also use it to stream music and see the weather report when I wake up.
All of this software is available in pieces but not put together in one clean package so one doesn't have to mess with the PPC interface.

Any thoughts?

Chumby's a rip-off, but I like your idea. May have to do something similar myself!