View Full Version : Best Uses of olds ppc

henrymagnus
10-30-2008, 07:35 AM
Hello folks,

I'm not really new to ppcthoughts seeing as I've been coming here for a long time, but I'm finally making my first post.

I've got my old HP ipaq 2210 sitting around in perfect condition and am looking for creative ideas and/or projects that would put it to the best use. What are some ideas? I expect the best from all of you...

Thanks

Pdaholic
10-30-2008, 10:08 PM
If you want to get rid of it, you could donate it to someone. eBay is an option, as is usedhandhelds.com.

If you want to keep it, use it in your car as a media player.

Pony99CA
10-31-2008, 01:52 AM
As a media player and a GPS navigation unit. ;)

Steve

Constant Caffeine
10-31-2008, 08:22 AM
I have been thinking about attaching on of my old ones to the kitchen cabinet. I would use it primarily for my shopping list. I also thought it would be a way for my wife and I to leave messages for one another.

If I do this I will have to make some type of cabinet frame to mount it in so it will look someone presentable.

rocky_raher
02-10-2009, 05:31 AM

If your car is an Oldsmobile, the advantage of using it in your car is that then it really would become an "Olds" PC, as you described it in your post's title.

:-)

Nurhisham Hussein
02-13-2009, 04:49 AM
I'd use it as a universal remote. The 2210 has consumer grade IR which has decent range. If you have the Nevo software onboard (mine does), it's fairly easy to program it to replace all your remotes.

juni
02-13-2009, 06:50 AM
I have one too, and I've been thinking about making it an universal remote. I remember using Nevo years ago. :)

maximus
02-16-2009, 04:17 AM
I use my old XDA 2s as a "DVD Library Consultant" ... meaning, it carries an excel file containing the list of my DVD collection, complete with information on the rack number and column number :)

Brad Adrian
02-19-2009, 02:15 PM
Over the years, I've collected quite a few Windows Mobile devices that I've "outgrown," and I've done several things with them. I have...

...given them to friends and family in the hopes of winning a new WinMob disciple
...set one up as a dedicated GPS system that I can permanently keep in my vehicle
...set them up as dedicated photo albums for my wife (who doesn't care to use any PDA features) so she can easily share photos with friends
...shared them with pariticpants of this Web site who needed an upgrade