View Full Version : Correct Conversion Settings?

Bobbyboy341
10-15-2008, 03:57 PM
About 99% of my music collection are CD's that I ripped via CDex at MP3 VBR 138-225 kbps. I stored all of these in a monitored file that was synced to my Zune 80. In the conversion settings, I selected "only convert formats that aren't supported by the Zune device". Does that mean my material was transferred to the unit "as is" and not converted to something else? For that matter, is there any file I can look at to see the sound quality of a song after it is synced to my Zune?

Izzard
11-12-2008, 09:21 PM
If it's mp3, I don't see any reasons why Zune must convert these files. Can you go to Zune sofware, click device>music, choose any song a look at properties? I'm not home right now and don't have Zune software here so I don't remember if you can see details of files.
Another way, install patch to see Zune as device in My Computer window, then go inside and look at files.

Jason Dunn
11-13-2008, 04:44 PM
About 99% of my music collection are CD's that I ripped via CDex at MP3 VBR 138-225 kbps. I stored all of these in a monitored file that was synced to my Zune 80. In the conversion settings, I selected "only convert formats that aren't supported by the Zune device".

My advice is to only play with settings like that if you're having trouble getting your content onto the Zune - I can't see why the Zune would have any trouble at all playing those types of MP3 files, as long as they conform to proper MP3 standards.

For that matter, is there any file I can look at to see the sound quality of a song after it is synced to my Zune?

You can look at the file properties on the Zune itself, or you can transfer the songs from the Zune back to your desktop computer and inspect it there.