View Full Version : All Day Appointment alarms

iant54
10-13-2008, 05:32 PM
Does anyone have any idea how to adjust the time of All Day appointment alarms? I've been through several options on my WM devices (I have a HP 210 and a MwG Atom Lite), plus done a bit of searching, and I can't find anything. I'm getting somewhat annoyed at being woken at around midnight for people's birthdays!

Reid Kistler
10-13-2008, 06:43 PM
Use Pocket Informant: when setting an All Day Event, the initial Alarm Setting is OFF.

Toggling (tapping on) the Alarm icon gives you first "n" minutes (prior.... Presumably meaning Before Midnight....) but then a dialog that allows you pick BOTH the Date AND Time you wish to have an alarm go off.

3rd tap returns you to No Alarm....

Brad Adrian
10-13-2008, 06:47 PM
AFAIK, that cannot be changed using the native system. I do believe, though, that some PIM programs, like Pocket Informant and Agenda Fusion, can do that.

iant54
10-13-2008, 08:18 PM
So, there's no way of altering the default time?

Pony99CA
10-14-2008, 04:26 AM
On my iPAQ hx2795 running WM 5, the default Calendar panel seems to allow setting an alarm time. I tried using it, but it may require setting the All Day Appointment up at least two days in advance -- one day so the midnight update cycle sets the alarm, and another for the alarm to actually fire on.

If you want to set the default time, I think you can do that by setting the default alarm time in Calendar, but that would likely affect all appointments, not just all-day appointments.

To do that, do the following:

Go to the Calendar.
Tap the Menu softkey.
Tap the Options menu item.
Tap the Appointments tab.
Ensure the Set reminders for new items box is checked.
Set the alarm time units and value.
Tap the OK button.

I can't guarantee any of this will actually work, though, as I haven't waited two days.

Steve

Brad Adrian
10-14-2008, 02:40 PM
...but that would likely affect all appointments, not just all-day appointments.
Correct. What you've described sets the default alarm time for any new appointment that's created on the device.

Reid Kistler
10-14-2008, 06:50 PM

Its "correcting" oversights like this + adding functionality that keeps the aftermarket vendors in business...;)

Pony99CA
10-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Its "correcting" oversights like this + adding functionality that keeps the aftermarket vendors in business...;)
What oversight? I showed that you should be able to set the alarm time for an all-day appointment and showed how to set the default alarm time.

If the OP wants something different, I hope he'll let us know.

Steve