View Full Version : Some Advice, Please

55Kevy
10-13-2008, 09:59 AM
Greetings! I purchased an HP210 about 3 weeks ago as a replacement for my trusted HP2200. I'm mostly pleased with the device, especially WiFi. I have a question for the denizens of this forum. Is there a way to set the WM6 so that the device turns on to the last application used, as was the case with WM2003? Generally if I turn the device off, or if it turns itself off, and turn it back on it goes to the Today screen.

Any other tips/tricks I would also appreciate.

Thanks!

Kevy

Jason Dunn
10-13-2008, 05:30 PM
I don't have a device in front of me, but there should be a setting in the control panel that related to the Today Screen, specifically a time-based setting. You can control how many hours until it goes to the Today screen...and in your case you'd want to crank it up as high as possible - and there might be a setting for "never". It's been a while since I changed that setting, but I'm pretty sure it's there. :)

Brad Adrian
10-13-2008, 06:49 PM
The choices range from 1hr to 12 hrs.

55Kevy
10-22-2008, 07:36 AM
Guys, the today screen time-out switch in the settings panel didn't do the job. When the device is turned off and turned back on it goes to the today screen every time.

Jason Dunn
10-22-2008, 08:42 PM
Guys, the today screen time-out switch in the settings panel didn't do the job. When the device is turned off and turned back on it goes to the today screen every time.

Then there's either some third party software messing with that, or somehow the system isn't registering it properly. You can either live with it, or do a hard reset and test the setting with no software installed and see if it works.

Pony99CA
10-23-2008, 01:24 AM
I just tested it on my iPAQ hx2795 running WM 5. I go back the last application if I suspend and resume the device.

Can anybody confirm that WM 6 does this on another device? It wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft changed something so that you always go to the Today screen when you resume. That could even be considered a feature, allowing you to see your upcoming items. :)

You might also check this iPAQ 210 softpaq (http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=215348&prodSeriesId=3544499&swItem=hh-63163-1&prodNameId=3544500&swEnvOID=4014&swLang=8&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=0). It doesn't say that it fixes your problem, but it can't hurt to try.

Steve