View Full Version : Anyone have the Xbox fall update?

Joel Crane
10-03-2008, 04:02 PM
So I got an email from Xbox Live! saying that the fall update started rolling out on September 29th. Has anyone seen it? A couple of ports are blocked here at school so I haven't had a chance to update mine, but I'm not so sure I want to, I'm really going to miss the blades and I certainly not looking forward to the avatars.

Microsoft, if I would have wanted a Wii, I would have bought a Wii.

I'm just hoping that there will be an option to hide the "Miis" and keep them out of sight.

Darius Wey
10-07-2008, 03:19 PM
So I got an email from Xbox Live! saying that the fall update started rolling out on September 29th. Has anyone seen it?

The update isn't out yet. You may be confusing it with the Xbox Live downtime on the 29th, which was to prepare for all the goodies that will be delivered when the update is released.

Joel Crane
10-07-2008, 03:51 PM
At least I upped my post count!

You are right about the confusion, I checked my source again and it was only the down time.

Anyone know if the avatars can be disabled?

Jason Dunn
10-07-2008, 05:48 PM
Yeah, I'm feeling a bit negative about the update, but I'm going to give it a fair shake...it might be better than I hope. :o

Darius Wey
10-09-2008, 04:47 AM
Anyone know if the avatars can be disabled?

I believe so.

Also, the release date is November 19. It was just announced at TGS.

Darius Wey
10-09-2008, 04:48 AM
Yeah, I'm feeling a bit negative about the update, but I'm going to give it a fair shake...it might be better than I hope. :o

I felt the same way at first, but after seeing all the demos, I'm really looking forward to it - even if the avatars are a little cheesy. ;)