View Full Version : Please Help

Cam222
10-02-2008, 11:30 PM
I recently went to Buffalo, NY to purchase my third zune pass card. I live in Canada, and I have redeemed two cards perfectly. This time around, it doesn't work. Now, I have wasted $90.00 on two pass cards that do not redeem. I get a message that says "cannot redeem code, please try again." If anyone knows how to get the redeem code page to work in Canada, please reply.

Note* I have my locale set to US, User passport set to US, and Email set to US.

Jason Dunn
10-02-2008, 11:49 PM
The Passport account that you have this linked to, does it contain any Canadian billing info, such as a credit card? Do you have an Xbox Live account that you pay for on the same Passport account?

Cam222
10-03-2008, 12:11 AM
The Passport account that you have this linked to, does it contain any Canadian billing info, such as a credit card? Do you have an Xbox Live account that you pay for on the same Passport account?

I used to do it on an account linked to XBox live but it worked, and the one now does not have a linked tag. The problem is, i have everything set but the code doesn't work and does not give me a reason.

Note* I do realized 8s look like Bs and all of the similarities.

Cam222
10-03-2008, 02:15 AM
I have discovered that the cashier at the store did not activate the cards when i purchased them, after on the phone for an hour with Microsoft. EVERYONE CHECK TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE ACTIVATED IN-STORE WHEN PURCHASED. They told me i must drive 2 hours to reactivate them. Thankfully the cashier will be punished and hopefully fired. I will be speaking with the owner tomorrow LOL.

David Tucker
10-03-2008, 01:27 PM
I hope not fired for making a mistake. :confused:

Good that you got it figured out.

Jason Dunn
10-03-2008, 05:48 PM
I have discovered that the cashier at the store did not activate the cards when i purchased them, after on the phone for an hour with Microsoft.

Wow...that sucks! I didn't know the Zune Pass accounts needed to be activated at retail - is that the same for the points cards?