View Full Version : answering a call with voice

slicc
09-17-2008, 03:35 PM
Hello all,

I have a Jabra BT Headset (BT2020), and an O2 XDA Orbit (Touch Cruise in disguise). I want to answer calls by just saying answer (for example), rather than having to press the button on the back of the headset.

I cannot see anywhere how to do this. Does anyone know?

Thanks,

Slicc

Reid Kistler
09-17-2008, 09:02 PM
Responded to other post before seeing this one:

Last couple of phones have had (Motorola) had an Option to answer incoming calls after X number of rings (and/or y number of seconds?) whenever a headphone was attached.

Very handy for use while driving, whether 2 wheels or more, motorized or not....

(Point being: does your device offer a similar option? Perhaps well buried.)

Sven Johannsen
09-17-2008, 09:15 PM
Cardo Scala Rider offeres a voice activated answer feature. You are supposed to be able to say "answer" or accept" or something similar when a call comes in to answer a call. I was never able to make it work reliably, but it is a stated feature in the manual. Might have been a setup issue, as you can put it in, or take it out, of that mode.

It did work pretty reliably with Voice Command, pushing the multifunction button on the device to activate VC and then speaking the contact name and such.

slicc
09-17-2008, 09:17 PM
Yes, you are right the auto answer feature works fine. I was worried it would answer when there was no headset plugged in, which does not seem to be the case.

Thanks,

Slicc