View Full Version : help with wireless

hawk0694
09-17-2008, 04:48 AM
I am having trouble getting my Zune to connect to my WiFi - I am using Windows XP, and on the computer this connected directly into my router. I have a Zune 120, and this is the message I get when I try and sync onto the wireless network..

The network might not be available, or there might be an error in your settings. Connection problems include:
-mistyped securty code
-out of range of wireless network
-using MAC address filtering and forgotting to add your Zune to the list of allowed devices...then it says how to get the the MAC address.

Anyone have any advice, if i need to add the Zune to the list of allowed devices how do I do that? Thanks.
http://zunescene.mobi/forums/Themes/dilbermc/images/icons/modify_inline.gif

FuryBlack
09-19-2008, 01:16 PM
If you are 100% sure that you have not enabled MAC filtering on your router then the problem doesn't lie there. If you have anabled you will have to access the routers software, for that use your gateway address (something like 10.0.0.1 or similar) and introduce your user/pass. Depending on the router you have you will have to check where to add the Zune to the allow list.

If no MAC filtering is going on I would suggest connecting the Zune to your pc and go into the device settings in your Zune software and enable wireless sync. I believe it is also required to link to your pc, so no guest linking.

Then disconnect from the PC and go into your setting on the Zune, go to wireless and enable it, then go into networks (below wireless on/off) and have the Zune search for the networks available, once it sees yours then select it and click on it so it connects. I actually forgot this last step once and wasn't able to connect to marketplace and blamed it on bad receipt of signal but I wasn't really connected yet.

Hope this helps.

PS: The security code can't be typed wrong because the Zune receives it from the router automatically, there is no way of introducing it in the Zune.