View Full Version : Zune Gaming and Wireless Song Purchasing Experience

Jason Dunn
09-09-2008, 10:03 AM
<p>This is a really quick video that I captured while at Zune HQ showing a brief look at the new Zune game Hexic (included free with the Zune 3.0 software release) and the end to end wireless purchasing experience.</p><p><object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="595" height="474" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0"><param name="src" value="http://blip.tv/play/Acy0UoWXWA" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="595" height="474" src="http://blip.tv/play/Acy0UoWXWA"></embed></object></p><p>Background music by Chris Sparx.</p>

Darius Wey
09-09-2008, 11:24 AM
... the new Zune game Hexic (included free with the Zune 3.0 software release)

This is the v3.0 feature that I'm looking forward to most. I know, it's silly. I guess I'm just a Hexic addict. :o

charlestreyk
09-09-2008, 05:37 PM
so, if you have the zune pass, you can wirelessly download for free, right?

Alber1690
09-09-2008, 09:29 PM

Yep, I guess it really makes us think about getting a Zune Pass.

Also, they did a good job with the UI for the shopping experience...building on the Zune's simplicity and sleek factor.

Phillip Dyson
09-10-2008, 12:26 AM
I get that these are great features. I would be happy if I could get EReader on my Zune.

Bluetooth would have been nice too. Then I could buy a car kit.

Jason Dunn
09-10-2008, 06:01 PM

Yes, that's correct, if you have a Zune Pass you can wirelessly download anything included in the Zune Pass, or even stream it - so basically you can have access to a few million tracks anywhere you have WiFi. Pretty slick! :D

Jason Dunn
09-11-2008, 11:08 PM
My full event report is now live:

http://www.zunethoughts.com/news/show/90574

If, after reading it you have more questions, please post them in that thread. Thanks! :)

naruto_fan
09-16-2008, 03:41 AM
Just a side question umm this might seam a little n00blet :P but V3 is gonna be free right you guys are talking about the games being on the zune pass....right

And will Future shop have v3 ons or do they all come with the same base one then you have to install the later version on after.

Thx in advance :)

Jason Dunn
09-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Just a side question umm this might seam a little n00blet :P but V3 is gonna be free right you guys are talking about the games being on the zune pass....right

Yes, the update will be free. The games are not part of the Zune Pass, the 3.0 firmware update comes with both games.

And will Future shop have v3 ons or do they all come with the same base one then you have to install the later version on after.

That's right, you download the 3.0 firmware update today, and any Zune will get updated.

naruto_fan
09-16-2008, 08:54 PM
Thx a bunch :)

tsahnocub
09-17-2008, 02:56 AM
Well, I'm having issues with the wireless marketplace.

I've got the Zune Pass, but whenever I find songs, they show up as buy, not download. I've verified that they're songs available in the pass.

Whenever I view my cart, there's an error message saying "Can't sign in. Please check your user name and password the next time you connect to your PC."

I've connected and synced my zune while logged into my account, and no change. I've also checked the checkbox in the device link settings to allow purcahses from teh device.

Anyone have any suggestions or been able to get this working with a Zune Pass?

I'm wondering if I don't need to wipe my player and start over with a clean connection.

Jason Dunn
09-17-2008, 04:24 AM
Well, I'm having issues with the wireless marketplace. I've got the Zune Pass, but whenever I find songs, they show up as buy, not download. I've verified that they're songs available in the pass.

Yeah, it says "Buy" even when it really means "Download". It's a bad UI decision, and we pointed this out to the Zune team when the MVPs were there. They understand it's not ideal, so I think it's something they'll improve upon with future updates.

Whenever I view my cart, there's an error message saying "Can't sign in. Please check your user name and password the next time you connect to your PC."

That's something I haven't seen yet...I got a Zune Pass three month trial and I was able to download songs without trouble.

I'm wondering if I don't need to wipe my player and start over with a clean connection.

Might not be a bad idea...hard reset it back to the original firmware, then update it to 3.0 again.

tsahnocub
09-22-2008, 02:47 PM
I did get it working finally, had to rebuild the partnership with my pc, but thankfully didn't have to wipe everything and reupload all the music. Definitely a much better experience now, but yeah, I agree, they should have it say Download instead of Buy if you have the Zune Pass.

Jason Dunn
09-23-2008, 09:55 PM
I did get it working finally, had to rebuild the partnership with my pc, but thankfully didn't have to wipe everything and reupload all the music.

Glad to hear you got it working!