View Full Version : Excel Mobile Forms? - handheld

mjbressler
09-08-2008, 04:08 AM
I have a form I have designed to process a survey. (in Excel 2003 / 2007).

My hope was to take this form on the road and load on my Excel Mobel iPAQ handheld.

I installed to find that forms are not supported???

1st - Am I just doing something wrong, or are forms really not supported?

2nd - Does the newest version of Excel Mobile support Excel Mobile user forms? Is there even a 2007 version of Excel Mobile?

3rd -- Is there any other way to design a survey or form to save data to my excel mobile worksheet? ---- So far, I think I found that I will need:

Microsoft Visual Studio / Windows Mobile Development
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=06111A3A-A651-4745-88EF-3D48091A390B&displaylang=en#Requirements (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=06111A3A-A651-4745-88EF-3D48091A390B&displaylang=en#Requirements)
<o:p> </o:p>
Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, Standard Edition

Anyone know if that is correct?

Reid Kistler
09-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Apparently not a lot of Form Users hanging around...

Do not have an answer for you - alas! - but just wondered if you have found a solution to your problem?

If NOT, it might be helpful to post more details about the Form / Survey: if Excel proves not workable, there certainly should be other options available.

Personally, would "never" think of using Excel for a Survey Form - or, at least, what I envision when hearing the term "Survey Form" - but would instead look for a Database Solution of some sort.

At minimum, would expect pertinent questions to include Number of Fields, Amount of Data to be gathered per record, Number of Records expected, Requirement for any Computations within a Field / Record, Requirement for Look Up Tables / External References, Reporting, Syncing with / Conversion To Desktop software.... And probably a handful of others that it is still to early to dredge out of memory...:confused:

Best of Luck!

Brad Adrian
09-21-2008, 03:57 AM
In the meantime, if you're serious about needing to perform surveys/data collection on your Pocket PC, I'd recommend Dooblo's SurveyToGo. The client software is free and you can download a desktop application for creating the surveys, including the capabilities to perform some pretty sophisticated survey design.