View Full Version : Media Center's Zap2it feed & PTVL

doughboy
09-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Can anyone please tell me whether there is a way to use the Zap2it file/data I receive for my Windows Media Center guide with PTVL, including the file’s/data location? I already have access to Zap2it data with WMC and would like to leverage that for data within PTVL on my WM2003 PPC.

I appreciate your time taken for responses.

Brad Adrian
09-08-2008, 01:09 AM
Yes, you can do it, and it should still work with your Windows Mobile version. Getting it to work with WM5 and WM6 is tedious.

However, you still need the Weblink program from PTVL, and their site is no longer available. If you already have Weblink installed, all you should have to do is use your Zap2It credentials to configure Weblink to grab your listings. I do not know if there's a way to directly use the listings file downloaded for your WMC or if Weblink is needed to format it for the Pocket PC.

I don't use WMC, but on my PC the files needed by my PPC are Listings.dat and color.txt. If you can find those on your WMC, copy them to your PPC in the ThumbsUP\PTVL folder and see if that works.

Cybrid
09-08-2008, 09:28 PM
Yes, you can do it, and it should still work with your Windows Mobile version. Getting it to work with WM5 and WM6 is tedious.

However, you still need the Weblink program from PTVL, and their site is no longer available. If you already have Weblink installed, all you should have to do is use your Zap2It credentials to configure Weblink to grab your listings. I do not know if there's a way to directly use the listings file downloaded for your WMC or if Weblink is needed to format it for the Pocket PC.

I don't use WMC, but on my PC the files needed by my PPC are Listings.dat and color.txt. If you can find those on your WMC, copy them to your PPC in the ThumbsUP\PTVL folder and see if that works.

Zap2it no longer provides the data directly. As a result, PVTL has to be configured to work with a zap2it reseller like schedules direct. Since WMC already has the data...he's hoping to bypass the $20 schedules direct fees.