View Full Version : Hello from Mexico!

AdrianaMex
08-29-2008, 01:44 AM
Hello Everybody!
When I read Jason Dunn's intro to this site I felt like I totally belong here and that there is hope with my zune! (Thank's everyone!)
So, my sister, who is an US citizen, brought me an 80GB Zune.
Of course, it was a hassle to set it up and when I finally got it to work I got a new external HD and moved all my music to it, thus changing the drive address to M:\Music.
Even as I also updated the configuration to point to the new drive, I guess some pointer got stuck in the previous address (L:\Music).
Each time I started the software I got a message saying something about not finding a disk and I was given three options: Cancel, Retry, Continue.
I hit these options a good many times, but since I had 3000+ songs, it was driving me crazy and I cannot even know if each hit updated a pointer.
So I decided to delete the software and I am trying to download it again.
The estimated download time is 5 hours! Yes, and I have a fast connection!
I hope that when I reinstall I do not bring in any parameters from the previous installation! :confused: So, at this point, my message to all of you is good luck with your devices! And glad to know you are there!
Adriana

Jason Dunn
08-29-2008, 04:16 AM
First off, welcome to Zune Thoughts. I hope you enjoy it here. :)

Changing drive letters is always very tricky business - most software isn't smart enough to cope with it. I assume by now you've downloaded the Zune software. Before re-installing it, run this uninstaller:

http://remove-it.org/tools/unzoone

Then, install the Zune software and point it at your external drive...I suspect everything will work fine. If not, come back here and ask more questions.

AdrianaMex
08-29-2008, 07:39 PM
:)Thanks so much!
I'll try what you say immediatelly and I'll report back!

and one hour later....
YES!
It worked!
Thank you thank you!