View Full Version : Hi, IM a noob, and this is a problem.

mrfrenzy
08-25-2008, 10:50 PM
I've had my Zune for about 3 weeks now, its a Black 30gb model.

Its never had any problems aside form right now.

When I connect my Zune to my PC, I have the settings to start the Zune software as soon as I connect it. But, when I plug in my Zune, nothing happens aside from the Zune charging. Im running Vista and Im up to date on all the updates.

It doesnt even show up under "Computer"...

I do from time to time connect my Zune to my Xbox, but this has never been a porblem before.

(I've restarted and tried resetting... Nothing.)

gjw
08-26-2008, 07:09 PM
Not showing up under My Computer is normal (unless you installed one of the hacks to enable this) but if you manually start the Zune software does the software see your Zune?
Has it ever seen your Zune?
Look in your Device Manager and see if there's any yellow exclamation points in your USB section.
If there are then delete the devices and have Windows reload their drivers.

Jason Dunn
08-29-2008, 03:56 AM
Sounds like an uninstall and re-install of the Zune software might be in order.

Try this as well: Remove-it.org > Tools > UnZoone (http://remove-it.org/tools/unzoone)

grantpet
09-07-2008, 10:33 PM
don't forget to remove the drivers themselves.

remove the software, the drivers, remove all the temp files, and abandoned reg keys.

some stubborn devices and software benefit from degragging here too believe it or not.

from my reading zune software is no different than most of the rest....if you don't get everything down to the last reg key you are wasting your time with a simple re-install.

when you are sure its all gone, then plug in the device and install the drivers manually....make sure you got new ones from official zune or install cd---verify its installed properly through the device manager.

now you can install your zune software and try it again.

this process works for nearly everyone asking me for help with a stubborn device----also don't forget to perform the install without the rest of your start up group running...if its not ms, don't let it run while you install.