View Full Version : HELP......Zune is not charging

Ideal8979
08-10-2008, 04:02 PM
My 8gb Zune is not charging through my electrical outlet, altec lancing nor through my laptop, however when I try to connect the Zune to my laptop I get an error message that says: a usb device has exceeded the power limits of its hub port. for assistance in solving this problem, click this message. When I click on the message and restart as specified, the problem is still not resolved and no I'm not using an external usb hub and all three usb ports on my computer is not recharging my Zune, nor is it recognizing the Zune. The strange thing about this situation is that the Zune it self is fine and playable.

This is the 2nd Zune within the past 5 months, the first one had the same problem and Microsoft replaced it with the one I have right now that is presently not working. Microsoft is going to replace the 2nd one, but I'm curious to know on how to resolve this problem so I won't go through this a 3rd time. :confused:

Jason Dunn
08-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Well, you've either had the incredible bad luck of having two Zunes with the same problem, or something you're connecting your Zune to is damaging it...maybe dirty power coming from an outlet is damaging the Zune? You didn't explain how you're charging it, but perhaps try charging it through a surge-protected power bar...

I'm completely guessing though, this is a bizarre problem that I haven't heard of before. :confused:

Ideal8979
08-12-2008, 01:37 AM
Well, you've either had the incredible bad luck of having two Zunes with the same problem, or something you're connecting your Zune to is damaging it...maybe dirty power coming from an outlet is damaging the Zune? You didn't explain how you're charging it, but perhaps try charging it through a surge-protected power bar...

I'm completely guessing though, this is a bizarre problem that I haven't heard of before. :confused:

The second Zune is being charged through surge protected power bar with 2 other devices on the same bar, the same with the laptop, i have 2 devices attached. I think its relating to bad power, just to be on the safe side, Ill just make sure I'll download and charge the 3rd Zune within its own outlet.

Thanks for responding......:)

grantpet
09-07-2008, 10:00 PM
its my understanding once you damage the resistor or whatever internally with a power spike it doesn't matter any longer how you try to charge it, it won't work.

i susupect your a/c power adapter is bad and isn't properly regulating.

just my guess from dealing with other devices with similar issues.--good luck.