View Full Version : T-Mobile Wing Memory Upgrade.

ricksfiona
07-25-2008, 06:32 AM
Is there one available? I love my Wing. But I know the lack of memory is killing it. God, what I would do for 16MB of System memory...

crimsonsky
08-07-2008, 06:41 AM
Head over to XDA-Developers.com. They have cooked ROMs there that will give you over 40 megs of free Storage memory and 20 megs of free Program memory. I had one loaded on my Wing that gave me exactly that. I wound up going back to the latest T-Mobile ROM because to get that much space, a LOT is taken out. ALL of T-Mobile's customisations are removed which is not a bad thing, but the ROM I used also removed the calculator(!) - which I use a LOT but more importantly, Voice Command is removed. The lack of Voice Command was the killer for me. Transcriber is also removed (no big deal since I use FITALY). I loved having all the memory, but it was too bare bones for me. There are tons of available cooked ROMs for the Wing - you just have to decide if you're willing to live with some of the trade-offs (and advantages). And of course, the possibility of bricking your phone. :(

ricksfiona
08-07-2008, 06:45 AM
Actually, when I installed the latest T-Mobile ROM... My Wing has worked MUCH better. The camera works much more reliably and I rarely reset it anymore.

Yeah, I tried to remove everything I could...

You know, I paid $400 for it... Add an extra 16MB to System memory... Sheesh!