View Full Version : SPB Backup... not good enough

heov
07-08-2008, 07:31 PM
So I had to replace my blackjack2 (defective).

Got my restore files from SPB Backup, picked "Normal" Mode (for restore option) since it's the exact same device.

It restored... with some issues.

1.) It didn't backup my email (imap) settings. I mean it doesn't take much to set it up... but why not?

2.) It didn't back up my text messages... what's up w/ that? In the restore options, "Text Messages" is checked, but grayed out to restore...

3.) My Data settings were all messed up. It restored the GPRS profiles, but it didn't restore the username/pass that are in there by default for ATT (in the settings, connections, GPRS, media net settings).

4.) Owner info was blank

Overall a bad experience. I dont' want to blame SPB only or WM6, but I've used sprite backup on my older 3125 (wm5), and when i restored, it restored everything. My email, my texts, and all internet settings. The only thing that didn't get restored would be the device password.

Anyway, has anyone else had experience w/ this? W/ the no backup of texts? Or email account? Or internet settings? not a very "complete" backup...

On the plus side, it does look very professional and restored fairly quickly!

Cybrid
07-10-2008, 04:25 AM
So I had to replace my blackjack2 (defective).

Got my restore files from SPB Backup, picked "Normal" Mode (for restore option) since it's the exact same device.

It restored... with some issues.

1.) It didn't backup my email (imap) settings. I mean it doesn't take much to set it up... but why not?

2.) It didn't back up my text messages... what's up w/ that? In the restore options, "Text Messages" is checked, but grayed out to restore...

3.) My Data settings were all messed up. It restored the GPRS profiles, but it didn't restore the username/pass that are in there by default for ATT (in the settings, connections, GPRS, media net settings).

4.) Owner info was blank

Overall a bad experience. I dont' want to blame SPB only or WM6, but I've used sprite backup on my older 3125 (wm5), and when i restored, it restored everything. My email, my texts, and all internet settings. The only thing that didn't get restored would be the device password.

Anyway, has anyone else had experience w/ this? W/ the no backup of texts? Or email account? Or internet settings? not a very "complete" backup...

On the plus side, it does look very professional and restored fairly quickly! Could simply be a device specific glitch...? OEM's do customize the devices and much of what you describe is customized on my Touch.
On the other hand though, I use Sprite on my Touch WM6.0 and it does it perfectly.
Only real way to know is testing. If Sprite works out well then it is certainly a SPB problem whereas if both fail then th BJ2 is somehow different and the difference isn't being anticipated.