View Full Version : Bluetooth Activesync ... what a concept!

txa1265
06-23-2008, 09:22 PM
Despite being into PDA's since I got the HP95LX about 20 years ago, for the past few years my work hadn't really required it, as I could always have a laptop with me. That changed after a layoff, new job and relocation brought me to a really cool new job that was exactly what I'd been looking for a while - but that also really needed a PDA once again.

So I brought up my HP iPaq 4355 into service again and got it all sync'd up to my company laptop. We use Exchange / Outlook so I don't have to deal with all of the Lotus Notes issues I fought with for the previous 15 years. However, my job also requires me to do work at three different facilities - the engineering building, R&D center, and at a manufacturing plant. They are all a drive away from each other, and I have just a desk at two of them. This means that I am without my cradle most of the time.

There is no WiFi access for PDA's allowed, so I figured I was out of luck and was about to buy a portable USB cable when I remembered that the iPaq has Bluetooth ... and for the first time ever my work laptop has Bluetooth as well. So I went through all of the fun of getting it all set up ... and now I'm happily wirelessly sync'ing! Welcome to the 21st century!