View Full Version : Intellisync being discontinue

Phillip Dyson
06-13-2008, 09:19 PM
http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=14097

Brighthand is reporting that Intellisync is being discontinued in July and support signing off a year later.

This is very distressing news for me as I use this at work to sync my phone with Outlook.

I use it due to the fact that Activesync never implemented two way category filtering for PIM data. Intellisync allows me to categorize my work related information information so that it is the only data that is passed between my work Outlook and my phone. Thereby keeping my personal items off of my work Outlook and Exchange server.

Does anyone know if there are any software alternatives out there for synching my PIM data by category (two-way)?

kanzlr
06-14-2008, 08:17 AM
I have a similar problem.

I just bought the Handheld edition to import all my Lotus Notes data into my windows mobile phone and it works very very well. I am just happy that it already supports Notes 8, as we will migrate later this year from 6.5 -> 8 and will stay there for a while. I just fear that the current IntelliSync mobile component (FastSyncServer) won't support Windows mobile 7 when it appears.

Is there any decent alternative?
I do not trust mNotes, as it caused a lot of trouble for a co-worker of mine. During the initial sync, many appointments triggered new invitations (so he sent invitations to 1500 employees, inviting them to our christmas party...)

anything decent that can be installed on a desktop with notes client?

Phillip Dyson
07-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Sync-ing complexities must be a pretty lonely circle.
I guess no one else needs category filtering for their data.

Does anyone know if Vista WMDC has category filtering?