View Full Version : Thanks for the research help

randalllewis
05-27-2008, 12:53 AM
While waiting for my first mail-order unlocked phone to arrive, I started thinking about some of the phones I have owned. There are a few still around the house, but the others I collected a few years back and gave to a women's shelter. There were gaps in my memory because my experience with a couple of the phones was bad enough I mentally blocked them. I dug through the various notes I write to myself on my computer about things I buy and looked through my drawer of abandoned technology (which seems to be mostly cords of various types) to see if one or two were still around or if some of their documentation survived. Then I hit upon doing a search of my name on the Thoughts websites. Sure enough, there was one of the phones I craved and after using had banished from memory- the MPx200. That phone wouldn't find a signal if I stood next to the tower. I liked the early Windows Media features, but man I grew to hate that phone. So Thoughts Media helped fill a hole in my inventory. One of the older phones that is still here in a drawer is the Cingular 2125. My search also uncovered a great debate (10 pages of comments) I participated in about the beauty or ugliness of the 2125's famous hump.

It turns out I've owned or used 11 different phones over the WM years. I left WM a couple of times but have always returned. All of those models were purchased from various carriers I was using. It is past time to charge forward with a mail order, unlocked phone. Onward.......