View Full Version : Ideas for ATT Tilt

compbasher
05-20-2008, 11:21 AM
Hey guys! i just joined this site. I'm up at 5:17am because i'm awaiting the arrival of my new tilt. I dont think i've ever been this excited about a phone, especially since my last phone was the MOTORZR v3 which sucks ass. Anyways, I'm in college, 22 years old and so pretty much going to be using it for music/phone and occassional internet. I need some help finding out which apps are better than others, which ones would be appropriate for my needs etc... I'd like a cool looking home screen too i've watched like 50 youtube videos of awesome homescreens. I cant sleep :P anyways, thought you guys would know best so some feedback would be nice. Also I heard IE sucks and opera is the way to go. does it come with that or do i have to dl that too?

Thanks for the help!

r@dimus
05-21-2008, 09:24 PM
Honestly, I would not do much of anything on it until you install this ROM update that should be out soon:

http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/htc_kaiser_61_update_official.html

I've had a Tilt since December last year and it is currently sitting in a drawer because I could not take the frustration anymore. Where I work they have a BES server, so we have mostly Blackberries. I had them order in a Tilt so I could see what Blackberry Connect was all about. Blackberry Connect was fine, but the overall experience with the Tilt was very disappointing.

The big problems are the trialware and junk that AT&T loads onto it and the overall poor performance. The first is pretty easy to get around. Clear the storage and after the rest you get a prompt that tells you in three seconds it will install the AT&T stuff. Do a soft reset within those three seconds and none of that junk gets installed. The latter is a bigger issue and it performance degrades the longer you use the device. When you first start using it it's not bad. Rather tolerable actually. But after a few weeks the delays between screens and tasks get intermittently worse and soon you find yourself hitting the reset button every day or so.

When the thing did work well I liked it. When the update comes out I plan to install it, switch back over to it, and see how things go. But until then I find its performance completely unacceptable. My wife's HP 4150 with 64MB of RAM runs cirlces around the Tilt.

Sorry if I burst your bubble on this, but that's just how it was on my end.

On the upside, if you like to hack your toys the guys over at xda-developers have all kinds of stuff you can play with.