View Full Version : Still Having Trouble With Metadata After the 2.5 Update? Reset Your Collection

Jason Dunn
05-10-2008, 01:00 AM
Here's a quick tip for you: if after the Spring 2.5 update, you're still seeing problems with the Zune software not reading your music collection correctly, download and run this <a target="_blank" href="http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=86B2A33D-9BF8-45F6-89FF-B9A6236AA37D&amp;displaylang=en">Zune Media Collection Reset Tool</a>. It's a really simple tool that, when run, resets the Zune software database - and what that means is that when you next start up the software, it will re-index all of your music, photos, videos, and podcasts from scratch. This can take minutes to hours depending on how much media you have and where it's stored. I was having trouble with some of my music not being recognized properly, and after updating to 2.5, the problem didn't go away. Playing a hunch I ran the reset tool, and as far as I can tell at the moment, all my music is now being read correctly.