View Full Version : Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

Phillip Dyson
04-28-2008, 09:45 PM
In anticipation for the upcoming StarCraft II, I'm in the market for a wireless keyboard and mouse. I'm wondering what everyone is using and what they like.

Is there a large preference margin between whats bad, okay, and great?

If eveything goes well, I'll be playing this game on my HD TV. Sweet!

Jason Dunn
04-29-2008, 05:48 PM
I've tried a lot of different wireless mouse and keyboard combos over the years, and my current pick is my favourite so far: the Logitech Wave. It's nice ergonomically, has a good feeling on the keys, and has performed flawlessly. One thing I've discovered over the years as well is that Microsoft mice and keyboard combos have great battery life, much better than Logitech units, but the Microsoft stuff has a lot of problems maintaining a solid signal - likely because they're using less power to push that signal. I found time and time again that I'd lose signal on the mouse, or lose typed characters on the keyboard. Logitech stuff uses batteries a bit faster, but I have ZERO problems with the signal. So I'd say Logitech all the way.

If you're playing it on your TV though, that might require some sort of keyboard+mouse combo all in one...which I have no experience with.

Phillip Dyson
04-29-2008, 08:47 PM
Thanks Jason,
I'll give these a look.