View Full Version : StarCraft II on an HD TV

Phillip Dyson
04-27-2008, 06:19 PM
I have a question for those of us out there eagerly awaiting StarCraft II.
I have a fairly powerful computer connected to my HD TV for my media center (SageTV).

I was wondering if anyone came across information that would tell me how this game would look on my TV.

Darius Wey
04-28-2008, 04:22 AM
I was wondering if anyone came across information that would tell me how this game would look on my TV.

By "look", are you referring to colours, resolution, performance, or something else?

It should be no different to any other recent title. If you have a decent GPU and the video-out ports to match, it would look great on an HDTV.

Phillip Dyson
04-28-2008, 04:13 PM
Thanks Darius,
I've tried PC games in the past on my TV with pretty bad results. I think the original Neverwinter Nights was the one.

Perhaps StarCraft will be better.

Darius Wey
04-28-2008, 06:15 PM
For what it's worth, I've tried Guild Wars and Command & Conquer 3 on the big screen, and it's nothing short of stunning.

Phillip Dyson
04-28-2008, 06:44 PM
Perhaps I should whip out my StarCraft I and see how it looks... in honor of the upcoming sequel. :D

david-VBseo
05-03-2008, 06:41 PM
I play sometimes warcraft on my 52 inch tv and its pretty awesome.

I just pvp with it, cause its to big and takes to long to move the mouse lol!

Jason Dunn
05-07-2008, 12:59 AM
Perhaps I should whip out my StarCraft I and see how it looks... in honor of the upcoming sequel. :D

I downloaded one of the 600+ MB videos and wow, it looks very cool. :cool:

Joel Crane
05-07-2008, 05:07 AM
I still play StarCraft every now and then, and I've even played it on my dads 50 inch 1080p HDTV when I had a bunch of friends over and ran out of computer monitors. Of course, running at only 640x480, it was awfully grainy, but...

Seige Tanks the size of DVD cases! Amazing!

My little sister is amazingly good at StarCraft, and what is even funnier is that she is adopted from South Korea where they used to televise StarCraft tournaments!

Tony Rylow
05-12-2008, 08:58 PM
I have downloaded the Starcraft II videos and played them on my HTPC on a 47" 1080P LCD and it makes the game look absolutely awesome, and I cannot wait for it to come out. It is definitely one I look forward to playing on my tv.

My biggest issue about playing games on my PC is the controls. Right now I have a Gyration keyboard and mouse. They work ok for once in a while use of the HTPC, but don't cut it for gaming. On my desktop pc I have a Logitech G15 keyboard and G5 mouse, which are awesome for playing games. I know I can get similar quality keyboards/mice but I just can't justify it, since I don't think I would be using them frequently.

Joel Crane
05-12-2008, 10:07 PM
Just buy a bunch of USB cords or a wireless mouse and keyboard combo.