View Full Version : Problem with H2215

caliman73
04-14-2008, 10:29 PM
I know that the 2215 is an oldie, but right now I don't have the money to spend on a new PDA. Anyway, the problem I am having is that the device resets and I lose all the data entered including the owner information and any software that was installed. I am wondering what could be causing the problem. It is like a hard reset happens all of a sudden. It could go a couple of weeks or a couple of days then it resets itself. This machine has not been used extensively. I have another h2215 that I use daily and I have never had this problem. Any suggestions as to what it could be? Any solutions other than junking it?

doughboy
04-15-2008, 06:12 PM
Make sure that:
* the battery contacts are clean,
* the battery door is not damaged,
* the battery door fits tightly, and
* the BackUp Battery is charged at 100%.

I dropped my 2210 a while back and encountered power problems when the latch to the battery door became broken. After I purchased a new battery door, the problems were fixed.

Best Wishes,

caliman73
04-16-2008, 07:03 PM
I have a second H2215. I will try my battery door on my wifes to see what happens. I had to replace my battery door once too. I didn't think it could be that simple. Will let you know what happens. Thank you.