View Full Version : Add-Remove programs shows up on every sync - with solution!

toxostoma
03-31-2008, 04:32 PM
Hi,

I had a troubling problem that I managed to fix, and I wanted to post the solution in the hopes that it helps someone else in the future. If you're not having this problem, then move along.

Every time I synced, the Add / Remove programs dialog was showing up. I've got an old ipaq 1940 running Windows mobile 4.2, and syncing under Vista with Window Mobile Device Center (WMDC).

After much searching (including on these forums and coming up with nothing), the solution was a registry key that needed to be deleted.

Using regedit, find the following key:

<em>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows CE Services\AutoStartOnConnect</em>

Then delete the entry named <em>CeAppMgr</em>.

Once I did this, the Add / Remove dialog no longer showed up upon syncing the ipaq.

(Many thanks to the <a href="http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/raj/AppMgr.html">original source</a> for a solution).

My apologies if this seems superfluous since I found a solution. However, since I could find nothing in these forums on the issue, I thought posting might be beneficial if someone is searching for a solution to the same problem.