View Full Version : Loox 720 DST Issues

hhadley
03-25-2008, 08:44 PM
I have a Pocket LOOX 720, am using ActiveSync 4.5 on a desktop running Windows XP Pro SP 3 and Office 2007 and using Outlook 2007 . The problem involves Daylight Savings Time (DST) and appointments being synced. When I create an appointment for 8AM (CST) on the desktop, it becomes 9AM on the LOOX. All appointments created since the DST change are 1 hour off. When I create an appointment on the LOOX, it goes to 1 hour earlier on the desktop outlook. I have set Central time (CST) on both units, and checked the Update for Daylight Savings time on the PC. I have downloaded and installed patches from Microsoft to correct Windows and Outlook. I cannot find any patches or instructions to update DST on Windows Mobile 2003 (on the LOOX). I have tried soft resets, manually changing the time, but the problem still persists. I can find no help from Microsoft. Their patches seem to all be for WM 5 and 6. I even tried changing the time zone from CST tp PST on the LOOX, and that corrects the immediate problem, but changing it causes problems with appointments created prior to the DST switch. . Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Darius Wey
03-26-2008, 06:01 AM
A WM2003/2003SE CAB is available here (http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/d/4/8d400259-a258-41da-884e-24a743ccc166/WM2k23DST_unsigned.cab), but because Microsoft's focus is now on Windows Mobile 5.0 and 6 devices, this patch doesn't include all the latest DST changes. It covers most of North America, but not Australia and New Zealand. You may find unofficial patches elsewhere, but they aren't guaranteed to work, and are few and far between, anyway.

hhadley
03-26-2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the CAB file reference. I downloaded the CAB to the desktop, synced the LOOX 720 and copied the file to the root directory of the LOOX. I then selected the CAB and it appeared to run. It no longer appeared in the root directory as a CAB file. I disconnected the LOOX, reset it, and created an appointment in Outlook 2007, and again synced the LOOX. The time was 1 hour later on the LOOX. Am I doing something wrong here?

hhadley
03-26-2008, 02:02 PM
I think I solved the Daylight Savings Time - time zone issue between Outlook 2007 and the LOOX 720. I found an post on some forum that talked about changing the time zone definitions in Windows manually. It was a program called Time Zone Edit (TZEdit). When I ran the editor, I noted that the old DST definitions were still present. It looked like 1 April was the old start date. I manually changed the definitions in the 4 US time Zones (I don't plan to travel outside the USA soon) and it appears to have worked. The Outlook appointment times now correctly sync to the LOOX. It appears that Windows XP SP3 did not include the updated time zone definitions and therefore would not allow the patches to work. A patch for XP Pro SP3 is forthcoming – or so they say. VISTA had included the updated definitions as an automatic update. Leave it to Microsoft to rush out their SPs without thinking of the consequences. It appears that Windows XP Pro SP3 can not be patched (the DST fix from Microsoft errs out with a message that the patch does not apply to your configuration).

And why did this take several hours to and lots of frustration to rectify?

dpetro
08-03-2009, 11:02 AM
I have a Pocket LOOX 720, am using ActiveSync 4.5 on a desktop running Windows XP Pro SP 3 and Office 2007 and using Outlook 2007 . The problem involves Daylight Savings Time (DST) and appointments being synced. When I create an appointment for 8AM (CST) on the desktop, it becomes 9AM on the LOOX. All appointments created since the DST change are 1 hour off. When I create an appointment on the LOOX, it goes to 1 hour earlier on the desktop outlook. I have set Central time (CST) on both units, and checked the Update for Daylight Savings time on the PC. I have downloaded and installed patches from Microsoft to correct Windows and Outlook. I cannot find any patches or instructions to update DST on Windows Mobile 2003 (on the LOOX). I have tried soft resets, manually changing the time, but the problem still persists. I can find no help from Microsoft. Their patches seem to all be for WM 5 and 6. I even tried changing the time zone from CST tp PST on the LOOX, and that corrects the immediate problem, but changing it causes problems with appointments created prior to the DST switch. . Any help would greatly be appreciated.
---------------
Dear
If you succeed to install wm5 or wm6 please inform me.

Many thanks

dpetro

hhadley
08-05-2009, 03:08 PM
Fujitsu-Siemens has no plans to make Windows Mobile 5 or 6 available or compatible for the LOOX 720. I have since switched to the LOOX 560 and the DST issue is not a problem. It updates correctly.