View Full Version : Help! Restoring from backup locked up my PPC

martin_ayton
03-18-2008, 07:26 PM
Hey, I need help! I just had my new T-Mo Vario III (aka Tilt etc. etc.) swapped out by the carrier because the original unit had a habit of freezing when it was loading up web pages. T-Mo claims this is a problem specific to that phone...

Anyhow, that aside, I carefully backed up the old unit to a micro-SD card using SPB Backup and, when I got the new unit, I inserted the card and did a full restore from backup. The restore appeared to go OK, but it has put a password on the new PPC which is something other than my current password. So, currently, I can't use the new device.

I have raised a support request with SPB, but their claimed response time is 3 days. It is now nearly 36 hours since I raised the request and I have heard nothing, so I guess they may take the full 3 days (come on guys, *3* days to respond to cries for help about backup software?!)

If SPB don't get back to me by tomorrow, I'm going to have to hard reset and start from scratch, *unless* some clever and generous person here knows how to untangle this little conundrum.