View Full Version : iPAQ 6945 Power Problem

dynamicfigure
02-24-2008, 08:09 PM
I started having problems with my iPAQ 6945 about a week ago. It started powering down with 45 – 65% of battery life showing. I contacted HP and was instructed to do a soft reboot or hard reboot. I had already tried the soft, so I tried the hard. That did not help. I was then instructed to download a ROM update. When I tried to run the download the device powered down and the screen went black. I got a pop up help screen that said to check the connection and to do a soft reboot, but nothing helped. Even though the device is down I can still read the screen. “Serial” across the top, “HP” logo in the center, “vG. 39” across the bottom. I called HP, but have to get an extended service plan before they will help. The extended service department is closed today so I have to wait until tomorrow. I am in sales. My phone will be ringing off the hook early tomorrow morning. Obviously my iPAQ is my phone and it has all of my customer information, i.e., notes, etc. I haven’t backed it up like I should. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to get this thing turned back on? Any help would be greatly appreciated.