View Full Version : messaging app has disappeared from tytnII

defiant.challenged
02-12-2008, 09:40 AM
hello all,

I was wondering if any of you might had this ackward problem.
one minute I'm texting freely away and couple hours later, when I want to check my email (and want to go into the messaging app of windows mobile 6), the application does not start up. It gives a brief waiting icon and then does nothing. The placeholders for the messaging app are still there, but no application behind it, it seems
When I asked a friend to send me a text msg I could see the phone backlight lit up. Meaning that it would receive something, but no notification, no nothing.
Im bazzled and not sure where to look or who to call (HTC or microsoft (shiver... oh wait, its a legal version :) ))
Any useful comments or help would be very much appreciated

Brad Adrian
02-14-2008, 04:43 AM
I assume you've done the obligatory soft reset? If so, have you installed any phone- or messaging-related applications?

defiant.challenged
02-18-2008, 05:43 AM
well after playing with it for a couple of days, I decided to phone HTC support. They instructed me to perform a hard reset, meaning clear RAM and let windows mobile reinstall itself from its ROM.
First backed up my settings off course.

after that I restored my backup, and messaging wouldn't run again. A collegue of mine said that probably some setting has crashed the Messaging app and crashes every time you start up the phone(soft reset) thus not turning up when tapping it.
By selectively restoring my data I concluded that my registry was screwed. Since you need the registry for able to restore your phone and all of its setting completley I decided to only restore my contact, calender and sms databases.
So thats my solution, I didn't check for any fix windows mobile registry tools.