View Full Version : Qualcomm Announces the QSC6295 as a Next-Generation Single-Chip Solution

Darius Wey
02-12-2008, 02:10 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.qualcomm.com/press/releases/2008/080211_Qualcomm_Makes_Next_Generation.html' target='_blank'>http://www.qualcomm.com/press/relea...Generation.html</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Qualcomm Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM), a leading developer and innovator of advanced wireless technologies and data solutions, today introduced a new single-chip solution bringing unprecedented multimedia and broadband capabilities to the mass-market tier. The Qualcomm Single Chip™ (QSC™) QSC6295™, which leverages advanced 45 nanometer CMOS process technology, combines rich multimedia, power-saving innovations and broadband data speeds to redefine the capabilities of the next generation of mainstream handsets. With support for downloads of up to 10.2 Mbps, uploads of up to 5.76 Mbps, compelling multimedia content and integrated Bluetooth/FM/GPS, the QSC6295 is helping drive the migration of popular Internet community and media sharing services to the mobile space. New innovations in power consumption enable up to a full day of talk time and more than a month of standby time. The QSC6295 is scheduled to sample in the first quarter of 2009."</i><br /><br />A full day of talk time and more than a month of standby time? Support for all UMTS bands and quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE? Bluetooth, FM, TV-out, and GPS? Phew - let's hope it's as good in real life as it is on paper.

V-iPAQ
02-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Qualcomm 'No-Driver' Incorporated has a new single-chip solution bringing unprecedented capabilities to makers who will pay the relevant per-feature-per-handset fees? Whose poor ARM11 performance is the reason HTC didn't think they'd need special vid drivers when their ARM9 worked so well with their last-gen handsets, and caused the current debacle?

Sounds great, but since makers never advertise which 'features' they paid for in the chipset, I'm not holding my breath for any improvements.