View Full Version : Tilt Backlight During Phone Call

Brad Adrian
02-02-2008, 01:44 AM
I love my AT&T Tilt, but something bugs me and I don't know if it's a "feature" of the device, WM6 or my own stupidity...

During a phone call, the backlight only remains on for about 10 seconds. I'd prefer it stay on a bit longer, so I can more easily do things like enter extensions, voicemail instructions, etc.

Is there any way to configure or extend the backlight timeout during a n active call?

r@dimus
02-04-2008, 03:02 AM
The easiest way to fix this is to download and install the Kaiser Tweaks utility. Run a Google search for it and you'll find it. Once installed open it. The very first section is titled Call, and the first option under that is Fast Sleep. Set Fast Sleep to Disabled and exit the program. That will make the necessary registry change to keep the display lit longer during a call.

Brad Adrian
02-05-2008, 09:22 AM
Cool! I just KNEW there had to be a tweak or utility out there somewhere. I've installed it and turned on a lot of the features, including one I had been missing since using Tweaks2K -- smooth PIE scrolling.

Thanks!

Kadegboye
02-18-2008, 06:21 AM
Hi guys,
What other things can this tweak do? Can it make it possible to access other functions by clicking start after a phone call without having to put off the power and turning it on again?
Alfred

Sven Johannsen
02-20-2008, 06:31 AM
Shouldn't require a tweak for that. After a call, and I hang up, or the call completes on it's own (other end hangs up), mine reverts to the Today screen shortly and I move on. I can access other functions even during a call.

Now, if it is a long call and the device has gone to sleep, sort of, I have to hit the power key to bring the screen back up.

Kadegboye
02-21-2008, 02:04 AM
Hey sven,
My HTC TyTN II does not revert automatically to start menu nor can I access other functions while on the phone or after a phone call unless I switch off the power and then turn it on again. I have changed my device with MobilePlanet (eXpansys USA) three times because of these problems without a solution until I got tired of exchanges/re-ordering. The above tweak worked well at fixing the backlight issue but not the rest. I am only hoping that there will be a new ROM soon that will fix these problems otherwise I am stuck with this device until a good new device comes out. Do you have any suggestions for me?
Kay.

Brad Adrian
02-21-2008, 04:28 AM
I've had exactly the same problem with my Tilt. For calls that last shorter than the backlight timeout setting, the tweak fixed the problem. For longer calls, the display still needs to be refreshed with a quick power-off and on.

I haven't installed the new Tilt ROM, but none of the notes say it specifically addressed this problem.

tytnrob
02-28-2008, 03:16 PM
Just press the green "call" button during the call and the screen refreshes as it was when you dialled the number