View Full Version : Problem with HTC Touch Cruise and Stowaway XT Bluetooth keyboard

hamishmacdonald
02-01-2008, 06:25 PM
I turn once again to the wisdom of the community...

When I type text into the native Windows Mobile apps (Word Mobile, Messaging, Notes) using my Thinkoutside Stowaway XT Bluetooth keyboard, letters and spaces are getting transposed, making for text that looks like this:

I'm going tot ry to type as quickly as I cana nd see ift hek eyboard can keep upw ith me, obviously it can't and this is very annoying because I don't wantt o go backa ndr etype every othert hing I have to type.

I happen to have two of these keyboards (long story), and I get the same thing with either of them. I'm using the latest driver 4.52 and I've made sure the batteries are fully-charged.

But here's the really strange thing: This doesn't happen in TextMaker. Just the built-in apps.

Any ideas?

hamishmacdonald
02-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Sorted!

Just in case anyone else has this issue: it's because I deactivated the SIP panel so it wouldn't keep popping up predictive text (XT9) suggestions. (By "deactivating" I mean tapping it so the keyboard input panel disappears. This happened even if the Stowaway SIP was the active one.)

I'm not terrible happy with the HTC keypad and keyboard, because I find sometimes they'll get jammed on inputting the shifted characters, like numbers and punctuation, if the panel's been switched -- or something; I can't quite figure what situations cause that to happen.

Between that, the thing always reverting to "abc" instead of "XT9", and the panels' insistence on displaying a black bar and suggesting words even if neither the HTC keyboard or keypad is the active panel -- I'm going over to XFA-Developers to find that hack that deactivates these, and installing one of the alternatives.