View Full Version : No Network card message! HELP

krubinst
01-28-2008, 11:15 PM
I have a pocket pc hp5550.... It doing just fine with its wireless and connecting just fine......

Then, somehow, some thing got changed and it no longer looks for wireless network. I've fooled around with the settings, and also reinstalled drivers from HP - nothing seems to work.

In IE I get the message, "you have no modem entries or no network card present." I know I have a wireless "card" as it was doing wireless beautifly untll a few days ago

Any help would be so appreciated.

thanks
K

Brad Adrian
02-12-2008, 06:02 AM
Do you have any kind of backups? One of the first things I'd try is to restore the registry from a backup (many backup programs allow you to select what types of files you restore).

Short of that, it sounds like you might (unfortunately) be headed for a hard reset in order to get things straightened out.

krubinst
02-12-2008, 09:31 PM
Hi Brad,

Thanks very much for your suggestions. I may have a backup on my comptuer at work -- will check... Also, the thought of a hard reset doesn't trouble me much, as I don't have a lot of data stored on the IPAQ -- just a few very replaceable addresses. How would the hard reset take care of the problem? And, how do you do it?

thanks again
K