View Full Version : HELP: USB error when i updated my Ipaq 2795 Firmware ROM Firmware

Tony_new
01-18-2008, 06:56 PM
HELP: USB error when i updated my Ipaq 2795 Firmware ROM Firmware

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Help!
I updated my Ipaq 2795 but there was a usb error.
Now my ipaq doesn't run, it tells me Pre-BL: 1.00.04.
I put ipaq into cradle and Usb cladle into my notebook, Ipaq tells me USB is connected.
I read many post into internet but i don't resolve my big problem.
I read that i must use mtty11a.exe but It doesn't find my ipad (same activesync on XP).
Can you help me?
I called Hp and It tells me that i must send Ipaq.
Hp must change motherboard!!!
I must find a program to connect my pc --> ipaq so i can put rom image.
I've also a SD card with flash Rom but i don't known how start up from it.
Help!!!

Thanks,
Antonio.

Cybrid
01-21-2008, 03:24 AM
I've also a SD card with flash Rom but i don't known how start up from it.
Help!!!

Thanks,
Antonio.
I do not recommend this in any way but you might have luck with the SD bootloader.

Boot loader Key Sequences (confirmed on 2490b, 2790b, msg me and ill add more if needed)

Normal Boot loader Mode:
contacts + mail + reset -let go and press calendar to activate

White Screen Boot loader Mode:
contacts + itask + reset -let go and press calendar to activate

Format P.S. (hold down until activated)(screen will say formating p.s. when activated):
contacts + messaging + power + reset
OR (I had to use this to format the p.s. after the PDAVIET rom upgrade)
calender + power + messaging + reset, release reset - release all

Source for more help (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=1516882&postcount=66)

Russ Smith
01-21-2008, 03:55 PM
You might try flashing the ROM again, just using the bootloader. (Since you mentioned mtty11a.exe, I assume that's what you might have done the first time.) The thing is that the 27xx is a bit tricky to put into bootloader mode. As Cybrid points out, you have to press Contacts+Messaging+Reset, let go, wait until it stops loading. You'll see a message "USB is connected." Press Calendar. Now you should see "USB" (all by itself). If you don't, do it over until you do. When you get it right, mtty11a or HPRUU will work (hopefully).

If the bootloader section is hosed, then you don't have much choice but to send it into HP. Chances are they won't really replace the MB. More likely they'll just use the hardware contacts to reflash the ROM.

Tony_new
02-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Thank you very much all.
Now my Ipaq runs!

Antonio.