View Full Version : HP H1910 Resetting

Totores
01-15-2008, 02:36 AM
Please help,
I have owned a HP h1910 for the last 6-7 years i think now, with faultless operation, i've also a SanDisk 1GB card for the last year.
Last night it reset it's self and all the programs and the data on the device have been deleted (not the stuff on the SD card).
I thought it was a one off thing so I restored the backed up data and re-installed the software. This morning has done it again.
The date is re-set my details are deleted it's like when I first got it out of the box! All the pre-installed apps are there and working it just forgot everything.

Anyone know what may be happening ?

Main Battery 85%
Back-up battery 100%

Thanks

schmenge
01-15-2008, 02:41 AM
I'd try and figure out if your problem is hardware or software. Start by disabling anything you have as a plug in on your Today screen and try to make sure you shut down, not just minimize programs and see what happens. You could also get something like SK Tools or MemMaid and look and see if you have any services running that you could try disabling.

Totores
01-15-2008, 08:20 AM
Well, when it restarted this morning the battery level was fine it's not that it had drained the battery. and the only data I had restored were my contact list, no other software was installed.

schmenge
01-15-2008, 01:35 PM
Well, when it restarted this morning the battery level was fine it's not that it had drained the battery. and the only data I had restored were my contact list, no other software was installed.

Well it sounds like you can rule out software. You might try going without the SD card inserted, although I can't imagine what the SD card could be doing. It sounds like a hardware problem and it may be time to grab a new device.

Totores
01-19-2008, 11:08 AM
well it has now been a few days that I have re-installed the software and restored my data and the unit is working again with no problem strange.....