View Full Version : I dumped my Pocket PC for an iPod nano 3G

MBurch
01-02-2008, 12:26 AM
I have officially jumped the PPC ship. :devilboy: I was using my old Toshiba e405 mostly for audiobooks, listening to music, and checking my calendar and various notes while away from my laptop. I can do all that with an iPod. When my PPC started getting long in the tooth, I decided to go Apple. And I am thoroughly delighted. Anyone else do the same thing? Anyone interested in purchasing a VERY USED Toshiba e405 (broken on/off button, scratches in the screen) that still works well? (I turn it on by hitting the voice recorder key). I have cradle, extra power cable, Stowaway IR keyboard.

Fedorov
01-02-2008, 01:13 AM
Why not the iPod Touch out of interest? - I've "jailbreaked" mine so have now got all the apps from the iPhone running on it, email, google maps, notes - it's an incredible device to use.

MBurch
01-02-2008, 02:26 AM
Well, the extra hundred bucks for iPod touch just was not in my budget at the time.

hamishmacdonald
01-02-2008, 03:49 PM
Nope. I need to do work on my mobile device, and at present none of the iThingies is properly equipped for large amounts of input. They seem to all be geared toward browsing and buying consumer content. That's fine and understandable, but I need a computer.

Superiorcnt1
01-18-2008, 08:41 AM
:devilboy: :twisted: :twisted: I agree I use my ppc for mostly work, I cant see myself getting a iphone you cant add any good third party apps and the whole phone is base of the internet and music my 8525 WM6 has both and many more.

Russ Smith
01-18-2008, 02:14 PM
The primary task of my PPC is to keep me on schedule. Everything else it does is icing on the cake (but it's got a lot of icing :)) At any rate, I'd have to find something that's as good as Pocket Informant before I'd jump ship (and probably not unless it had something at least as good as Laridian Pocket Bible as well).

JustinGTP
02-20-2008, 11:12 AM
For your use, an iPod sounds quite handy. For me, a BlackBerry it is :) - But I do have an iPod for my music.

jadesse
02-21-2008, 09:28 PM
If it works for you. However on my axim I can watch movies, play music, access the internet, add contacts, write notes, schedule appointments, manage passwords, get weather updates, view & edit Microsoft office documents & those are just a few things.

Can your ipod nano do all that?