View Full Version : So, what is causing the SD card erasing?

myuser
12-28-2007, 01:26 PM
I recently bought a iPAQ 2790. I used it with a SD card (some cheap brand), and i noticed it got erased twice!

I thought it might be because of the SD card, that is corrupted. Before i wanted to buy a new SD card (i also had a Kingston CF card, and that didnt erase even once), i googled a bit. Then i saw hundreds of threads about this issue. Most of them are from 2005.

However, after reading many of these threads, i still dont know what is causing the problems. I only know its NOT because of the device (several other devices have this problem).

Is the problem because of some software? The brand of the SD-card? I really dont know :(

So im wondering, will this issue be solved when i buy a new Sandisk/Kingston (or other well known) SD card :?:

schmenge
12-28-2007, 04:37 PM
I had this problem a couple of times (I think it was a San Disk, but I'm not sure). I replaced the card with an ATP Pro and have not had a problem since. I hope I am not jinxing myself. :roll:

Nurhisham Hussein
01-03-2008, 04:18 AM
As far as my reading of the problem, and my own personal experience, the nearest I can get to the cause of the disappearing file system syndrome in SD cards is a situation where you have multiple concurrent file writes e.g. an internet cache. Note - your files haven't disappeared! It's only the file allocation tables that have been corrupted. The files are still there, and should still be recoverable with decent file recovery software.

thierryb
01-06-2008, 12:12 AM
I have had this issue long ago, when I have moved my ie cache to my Sd. Since that time, I never put the cache on storage card, and I have never had the issue.