View Full Version : pocket pc won't turn on unless plugged in

ppcqawsedrftg
12-25-2007, 06:27 PM
My axim x50v wasn't charged for a few months, then when I charged it, it wouldn't turn on. Now, the light on the power button flashes red and green whenever plugged in. And the device turns on only when plugged in, if you remove the cable, it immediately turns off.

I've bought a new battery and charger and it still doesn't work!

Can anyone help?

asims
12-26-2007, 04:11 AM
This is just an idea - Try checking your backlight setting while your ppc is plugged in. Hopefully, your ppc is set up the same way as mine and you can follow this path to the backlight setting - Start - Settings - down at the bottom are three tabs, click on the System tab - Backlight - down at the bottom are three tabs, click on Brightness. What is your Brightness Level set to for when it's on Battery power? Mine was set to the very bottom once and every time my hx2495 wasn't plugged in, my screen was virtually black.

Hopefully, that's the only problem. If it isn't, it's beyond my level of experience and someone else will have to offer their suggestion. :|

ppcqawsedrftg
12-26-2007, 06:38 AM
No, the backlight didn't work.

It seems like somethings wrong with the power or memory, because every time I leave the device unplugged for more than a few hours, the device loses all it's saved memory--all its setting, etc.
It starts at setup every time.

And it also frequently show the "memory problem" message?
Any idea what's wrong? :?:

PetiteFlower
12-26-2007, 03:54 PM
What OS do you have on it? Have you tried an intentional hard reset?

ppcqawsedrftg
12-26-2007, 05:53 PM
Windows Mobile 2003 SE.
No I haven't tried an intentional hard reset. How do you do that?