View Full Version : ipaq h5450 internet problems

radioman66
12-12-2007, 05:18 AM
hi im new to this forum but i am looking for help please.
my ipaq 5450 will connect to my wlan but when i open pocket IE i get "the page you are looking for cannot be found"
i did get this unit once to connect to the internet via the usb cable but thats not what i want, the wifi is preferred method.
on the web i found info on how to change the MTU file to 128 and that worked for others but not for me.
I have all the lastest driver and rom updates in the unit and still no luck.
what more can i do as ive had this unit and never used this feature before until now when i installed home wifi network.
any ideas are appreciated.
thanks

bdavidson9554
12-12-2007, 12:06 PM
When I had an iPAQ 5450, it would not work with my NetGear wireless router. It could not pull a proper DHCP address. Try setting your iPAQ IP address/gateway/DNS manually to see if that helps.

radioman66
12-14-2007, 04:23 AM
ok i have tried it in the past and still no luck . i read somewhere to make the ppc ip address +/- 1. and still no luck. i read somewhere on the web that the problem may be that the router is 802.11 b&g whereas the 5450 only works on the older 802.11b technology as it has a slower data rate if that makes sense.
still very much a headache...
my last resort is to buy a cf sleeve (which is ordered and on the way)and install a wifi card there and try it that way as one last chance.
any ideas welcome

Russ Smith
12-14-2007, 10:26 AM
It sound like you're trying some fairly advance things, so I assume you've looked at the simpler ones, but, just to be sure...

Have you set up your Connections "Network" so that it "Connects to the Internet"?

radioman66
12-15-2007, 02:12 AM
yep set those up work work internet.tried the IP in the wlan in the connection setting.
today i bought a bluetooth usb dongle device for the vista machine and still cant even get it to work thru there, beginning to wonder, as i can see my wlan and other BT devices , tried changing sharing setting in the vista machine also, but no luck so far....
so if you have any ideas keep them coming as im beginning to hate vista more and more.

Russ Smith
12-15-2007, 04:32 PM
Is the Windows Firewall turned on? (Vista defaults it on for each network connection.) Windows Firewall basically blocks network connections (even on the local subnet (!!)). The router probably has a firewall built into it, so the Windows Firewall is probably superfluous anyway.

radioman66
12-16-2007, 04:52 AM
yes i made an exception in the firewall to allow mobile devices.
so really running out of patience with this thing.
not sure if upgrading to pocket pc2003 will help, any ideas welcome.

bdavidson9554
12-19-2007, 03:50 AM
Can you install vxIPConfig and vxUtil from http://cam.com/windowsce.html?

Then you could do some basic info gathering and ping/nslookup tests. Maybe you're getting an IP address but no DNS servers?

radioman66
12-19-2007, 01:58 PM
i did install the vx util program that i seen worked for others on different sites, but still nothing. since i dont have the 2002 OS disc anymore and upgraded all the drivers andd the latest rom updates as well ihave decided to upgrade to 2003/
on the first upgrade to 2003 i dont think it took well as i had no wifi at all or BT connectivity. so i did it again and now !!!!!! i have wifi that i can see and BT that shows others devices around.
but wont let me connect BTor wlan
and when i try to connect wlan it states it needs a certificate from the host?
so bacl to square one again. not sure if its my router? but since i can see other wlans in the area i will keep trying to access a local free hotspot in the next day or so.
???????? let me know

radioman66
12-24-2007, 03:21 PM
tried to import a certificate from my host computer to the ipaq and still it wont allow me to surf the web.

????? :?: :?: :?: